Monday, July 19, 2010

Maggie McPeek

A dear old woman passed away July 9th in Oregon. SHe just recently made the move there, but I knew her from the First Baptist Church of Belle Plaine. Maggie was such a beautiful soul! I first met her in the church choir and have always held a special place in my heart for her!She was an alto just like me and she was impressed that I could harmonize so well. I told it was because I played violin and could just hear the notes. Turned out that choir wasnt the only other similarity that we shared. She played violin! We always planned on playing for church one day but it never happened. I really wish it would of.

Anyway, Maggie was victim of a brain tumor. The best part about the whole ordeal is that she wasnt in any pain. Thank God! I was unable to make it to the memorial service...OH how I wish I could of been there! I pray that her family knows that she is in a MUCH better place now. I pray that they have the strength to push forward. I want her family to know how much their Mother, sister, grand mother, great grandmother was loved and will be missed greatly!

2 comments:

  1. as a person that lost a dear loved one (my son) reading what you wrote touched my heart. they will feel your prayers and be helped by them. i know that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like Ive lost a lot of people within the last few years. Im not a huge fan...but then again who is?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete