Friday, August 20, 2010

Airman by Eoin Colfer

Im a reader.  Ive always loved reading! You could usually find my nose stuck in some book for very long periods of time!!  However, as Ive gotten older, life gets busy and then with a baby too...man its hard to find time to read. 

Before our vacation Oiver, my sister in law and I went to the library to get some books to read while on the road.  Im not sure what books she got but, I got two for Oliver.  One was Do Kangaroos Wear Seatbelts? and the other was Animal Festival.  He liked looking at the animals in the second book.  I would read it to him and try to make the animal sounds.  He would just laugh and laugh. 
While we were gone I think he looked at them MAYBE twice each. 

I on the other hand was stuck on choosing a book.  I was either going to start The Left Behind series or Artemis Fowl.  


I wasnt ready for Left Behind yet, and Artemis Fowl was checked out. It made me sad.
The freaking amazing librarian man was following us playing with Oliver and helping me with finding a book. 
He suggested Airman by Eoin Colfer.


This is more of a guys book, but the way tha Colfer tells the story is amazing!
Its about Conor Broekhart's life and trials.  His family is very loyal to the royal family of Great Saltee.  He and the Princess Isabella were the best of friends and were nearly insepperable.
Conor was framed for the murder of the King by Hugo Bonvillian and sent to Little Saltee Prison to mine diamonds.
Little did Bonvillian know that one day he would be set up himself and duped!
I know this vague but I dont want to ruin it for anyone.  Its definetly a must read. 
I plan on finding some more of Colfer's books and adding them to my must read list.  You should do the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment